Friday, March 9, 2012

Pictograms - Music Melodies

The first graphic design class that I took was 'Computers and Art'. This class focused on teaching us the basic design programs (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign) and the functions within those programs.

Out of all the projects I created the "Pictogram" assignment was my favorite. This assignment involved only Illustrator and consisted of creating a series of pictograms that all worked together. At this point in my educational career I was working at an Entertainment store (Hastings) working in the music department. In that department I was always in charge of alphabetizing each musical section. I was astounded by actually how many categories of music there were; here is where I got my idea for the pictograms. At my store each category was labeled by a word and not by a picture and due to this I thought it would be fun to create something that not only would full fill the assignment requirements but could also fit along as a way to label each musical section. Here is my pictograms.
Now that you've looked at the pictograms, how did I do? Do they read as music icons and what music genre does each pictogram represent? (I would appreciate feedback, I'm curious to see if the viewers would label them the same as I would label them.)

-Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment